Friday, June 6, 2008

The Pens Lost, but I'm Still Proud

The loss was a heart breaker to be sure. Being down 3-2 going into game 6 is not a bad position to be in. Lots of us thought they were going to go 0-4 and have their buts kicked on national TV and be a total laughing stock.

Every one I talk to in this area is proud of the Pens. Game 5 is being called the game of all games that made franchise history. That said, game 6 they lost, and Detroit (which was always a better team) rightly won the series.

As an avid Pens fan, we all knew that this Detroit foe was (talent wise) beyond them in terms of skill. Even these "bandwagon Steeler fans" who don't watch hockey very often were able to notice the difference/disparity in skill level between these two teams.

It was the Pen's heart that was what inspired many of us to "believe". It's why I wrote that e-mail the other day. Even though we didn't hoist the cup, I'm still VERY proud of my team, and so is the city.

Irish

No comments: