Sunday, November 30, 2008

Lordy... Lordy... Looks who's "40"

Even while I was busy planning a massive surprise "40" party sneak-attack, Samantha one night turned to me on the couch and said, "I DO NOT want any kind of surprise party for my 40th." Needless to say, I couldn't let this special number pass unnoticed.





As many of her family has kids, we had to pick a venue in which entertainment (and space) would keep everyone happy. Many thought my idea of bowling was a bit odd, but once everyone arrived and strapped on those funky shoes, the fun began.





The reason I picked Bon Aire, is because they only charged us for the use of their lanes. It is a BYOB place, and they allow you to bring and serve your own food. I got a giant sheet cake from Giant Eagle, and some folks brought snack food type stuff.





The kids had bumper lanes, and simply had a ball. Everyone kept saying they had a great time, and I'm thinking about doing it again next year for my 40th.

No comments: