Sunday, June 14, 2009

Father's Day (We had to celebrate early)

As my trip to Europe approaches, we wanted to do something with just the family this past weekend. Originally we had a canoe trip down the Allegheny in mind, but there's been so much rain lately that we had to settle on something a little more safe on 'dry land' so we thought maybe a trip to the zoo might be fun. We kept it simple by packing lunches, and keeping it light.





Got some good shots of the animals and although it was crowded and sprinkled a tiny bit, the day was fun. A bit hit was getting to see the baby elephants, baby otters & beavers, and of course the monkeys. While there I took a slew of pics practicing for my upcoming trip on my buddy Steve's camera. So far I'm working out some kinks, but it seems to be going ok so far. We later decided to hit Eat'n Park on the way home at the Mills in lieu of cooking after a long day of walking.



In celebration of the Pens winning the Stanley Cup this past Friday night, one of my Fathers day gifts was a Fleury T-shirt. I also got a couple art projects from Tristan, a necklace/charm and also treated me to chocolate chip pancakes in bed. It was a very fun day and next week when I'm gone the kids and I won't feel like we missed out on the Father's day celebration since we did something special this weekend.

1 comment:

JammerX19 said...

Alright, I can take a hint. If you're going to post pictures of me shirtless at the Pilgrimage, I won't do it any more. :)

Looks like you had a fine day.