Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas at the Farraher's 2008

Erin and I always built a fort made of boxed presents in front of the fireplace. This goes back to as long as I can remember. Anyway, my own children have continued this tradition, and with the help of experienced builder, Aunt Erin, the kids did a pretty decent job again this year.

Then they helped take turns dismantling the wall, passing out the presents to all good boys and gals.


This year Santa put a 'kid in the bag' present.

Everyone got some really nice gifts. I got a new golf bag, which I can't wait for the weather to turn nice again to hit the links with. Thanks to all those family members who gave generously.












This year we miss Aunt Sal who is not in this family picture. We treasure the Farraher memories from Christmas past, and look forward to creating new memories with our family additions. This time next year, Colin and Erin will celebrate Baby's 1st Christmas!!!

One treat that we always look forward to is seeing this green colored wrapping paper. Ever since the late 1970's it has been showing up in my family known to all is the "Work house paper' from where my Gram Ma Ann McEntee (pictured holding it) got it from work. Vee has done an amazing job preserving this paper year after year, and I thought it deserved a picture on the blog, forever preserving it in the blogosphere for future family generations to see.

No comments: